• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

10 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

Arrived in the post today.

Sorry for the poor quality photos.   Any idea what this is worth?  I know what I paid for it but I'm struggling to give it an accurate value.  Any advice grateful recieved.

jh2.jpg

JH1.jpg

As you stated- not very good photos, so difficult to tell.  Presumably it’s a London Mint?
For a guide, I recently bought a MS62 for £455 shipped from the Coins of the Realm last auction. 

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

As you stated- not very good photos, so difficult to tell.  Presumably it’s a London Mint?
For a guide, I recently bought a MS62 for £455 shipped from the Coins of the Realm last auction. 

Thanks Rich - I think it is a London Mint - not bad then as I paid a lot less than that for it at auction.

1 hour ago, Heirlooms said:

Couldn’t resist this one. The 2018 Strike on the Day 65th anniversary of the Coronation. I was aware that this had a mintage limit of 650 but was pleasantly surprised when I checked the Marsh Sovereign Book which states only 323 were minted! Big thanks to @1stsovereign for this one. Will probably have this one graded 

The circulation figure has been the subject of debate of course. Marsh and Spink say 323, but the mint says 650 and annecdotal evidence that the issue sold out in ten minutes.

There couldn't have been over 300 returns, could there?  

49 minutes ago, Richym99 said:

The circulation figure has been the subject of debate of course. Marsh and Spink say 323, but the mint says 650 and annecdotal evidence that the issue sold out in ten minutes.

I tend to lean towards your thinking but Marsh and Spinks can't both be wrong can they? Maybe they just didn't end up minting all of them, 650 is just the limit. As its a strike on the day they could only mint them on that specific day. For example they only minted 350 with 13 being sent back. They could remint them so they could stay true to the strike on the date concept. Just a theory though

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

1 hour ago, Richym99 said:

According to the Royal Mint's 2018 sales page, 650 were sold.  Maybe this is another alteration required to the recent Marsh book?  Alternatively, can someone provide an original reference source for the 323 figure?

The 65th Anniversary of the Coronation of Her Majesty The Queen Celebration Sovereign 650

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/mintage-figures/2018-dated-uk-commemorative-coin-sales/

29 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Why is it you go and get what I want before I want it, now I'm going to have to find some beskar bars for my funko pop mando colle tion.

Thanks to you, i'm thinking about this beautyful mermaid and unicorn coin. 🤣

21 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Consider myself very lucky to get this beauty. Stunning.

794442272_QBCompleter5ozCOA.thumb.jpg.92bff473fdbd4cca318e30eb3ca2789a.jpg917740524_QBCompleter5ozREV.thumb.jpg.05ca2f77d19a731394f655f6a03beec8.jpg1682680581_QBCompleter5ozOBV.thumb.jpg.d2e8f0180a9173cd178673a64a87d6ef.jpg

I only managed 2x 1oz but am really grateful for them and not even considering their resale as they are keepers 

Great coin would have loved the 5oz 

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

According to the Royal Mint's 2018 sales page, 650 were sold.  Maybe this is another alteration required to the recent Marsh book?  Alternatively, can someone provide an original reference source for the 323 figure?

The 65th Anniversary of the Coronation of Her Majesty The Queen Celebration Sovereign 650

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/mintage-figures/2018-dated-uk-commemorative-coin-sales/

I notice that the figure of 650 on the RM site dosnt say " struck on the day " so maybe only 323 were struck on the day and the rest were struck soon after.

Looking further down the page it shows figures for the 5th birthday HRH Prince George Sovereign and actually says "Struck on 27:7:18  485"