• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

23 hours ago, Spence098 said:

First piece is better than no piece mate.

Enjoy 👍

Now I think your daughter will pick the gold even though it’s smaller! Female instinct!! 😀

On 27/03/2021 at 10:38, Bigmarc said:

I know it's bog standard but it's my first piece of gold.

And my daughter playing with them

1377897605_IMG_20210327_1019087632.thumb.jpg.9498d48485433c71ad438b80f05926d0.jpg

Received similar today, except I got the Robin Hood silver.

Pretty disappointed with the sovereign to be honest, kinda wish I'd gone for a fractional Brittannia.  If it hadn't come from the Mint I'd have been wondering if it was genuine - the detailing of the George & Dragon is rubbish.  It's the first one I've ever seen, can't see the appeal at all.

I know in terms of bullion it doesn't matter much but I want to like my gold - I'm planning to keep it for a long time.

Really happy with the Robin Hood silver though, tempted to get the gold version.

On 18/03/2021 at 21:44, richatthecroft said:

Arrived today. What a beautiful set.  

Thanks to all those who helped me along to make this purchase by way of buying from me last week 😃

IMG_4334.thumb.jpeg.a7bd47b9a353afe78eff5ecd5c542bdf.jpegIMG_4336.thumb.jpeg.1c39175a6af4b077172d29d0f89e417b.jpeg

IMG_4340.thumb.jpeg.a6f38a682bc8a5504b506d3cd9ad5760.jpegIMG_4341.thumb.jpeg.8861d1ff7f1261a9bb638f6b1a3c7d18.jpeg

I think I might have gone a bit too far with the 2017 purchases 😉

IMG_4319.thumb.jpeg.a08ebdb15dc5e9fbf2067fb7881a0e2f.jpeg

Wow these are amazing, what a stunning collection! Congratulations on acquiring 

35 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

Received similar today, except I got the Robin Hood silver.

Pretty disappointed with the sovereign to be honest, kinda wish I'd gone for a fractional Brittannia.  If it hadn't come from the Mint I'd have been wondering if it was genuine - the detailing of the George & Dragon is rubbish.  It's the first one I've ever seen, can't see the appeal at all.

I know in terms of bullion it doesn't matter much but I want to like my gold - I'm planning to keep it for a long time.

Really happy with the Robin Hood silver though, tempted to get the gold version.

I was happy with it until my missus said it looked like copper. I've ordered another now just one of the random dates. Think I'm going to keep going until i balance my stack out a bit. 

I've never really been one for gold. Since joining the forum I've got the bug a bit. When I was looking for my first piece I was looking at the half ounces. Seemed to be sold out everywhere. 

33 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I was happy with it until my missus said it looked like copper.

Yup, that's my impression too - not 'gold' enough for my taste.  The more vintage ones I suppose have a more lived in look to them which give them a certain appeal.  Doubt I'll be buying any more though, they just don't do it for me.

Received my 2021 year of the ox Royal Australian mint coin. Scratches on the rat coin are on the capsule not the coin.

Put it next to my rat coin and realised they have shifted the design above queenie so that the ox is over her head this time 

20210329_181237.jpg

20210329_181253.jpg

Edited by TutoredSoup232

15 minutes ago, ak74 said:

One of the best 2020 designs, imo. Quite surprised the coin is still available from European dealers, and at good price. 

IMG_20210330_121848.jpg

IMG_20210330_120356.jpg

This coin is very beautiful. I got a few and I must say that these different shades of frosting are stunning. I would love to see this in RM proof coins