• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

The grade doesn't look untoward to my eyes. The reverse is nice but the obverse lets it down IMO.

Sometimes its the definition of the coin, its hard to get a 70 on a peace dollar because it was such a weak mint, intentionally I must say after the 1921 was found to be too difficult to maintain...perhaps that does this no favors, the details can look perfect but if the relief isn't considered as good as even a few others it gets dropped some...but I know people who have cracked and resubmitted two or three times and found some have graded higher with a fresh set of eyes...o e reason I like ngc over pcgs, you can it seems be more successful getting a higher grade from pcgs then ngc, which would mean either ngc are tougher or pcgs are more forgiving let's say.

46 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Find a Penny, pick it up.  All day long, you’ll have...my wife mithering me to do some jobs 🙄

80D0563C-A3EF-4C7A-A73B-8A56DCE9D131.thumb.jpeg.a44cda6f36d313a05f6e084a5797a6f3.jpeg4B51059E-A978-4BE1-872C-38421C96BA21.thumb.jpeg.f3e1d790cb64a963903381d24b5fc99b.jpeg4EC9FAAD-87AC-4964-8424-83003561397E.thumb.jpeg.6542009933707580687b7fd7cd152ac2.jpeg

I must be missing something is this a rare penny is it worth getting this high sea level graded ? If so ill have to have a look through my old pennies to see if I've got one got quite a few of old pennies 

1 hour ago, Peterheat said:

I must be missing something is this a rare penny is it worth getting this high sea level graded ? If so ill have to have a look through my old pennies to see if I've got one got quite a few of old pennies 

I don’t think you’re missing anything, 1902 Penny is a very common coin- 27 million mintage.  I believe however, the 1902 ‘Low Tide’ variety is sought after.  

I only bought the Penny as I recently purchased a 1902 Matte Proof Coronation Set, Sovereign down to Mandy Penny and thought it would be nice to collect the 1902 Bronze coinage to go with it.   This NGC graded Penny was sat on a dealer website for far less than what NGC would have charged to grade it! 
 I just looked at the census and surprisingly,  there’s only 23 higher in this designation. 

Edited by richatthecroft

1 hour ago, Peterheat said:

I believe it's the low tide that is rare

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I don’t think you’re missing anything, 1902 Penny is a very common coin- 27 million mintage.  I believe however, the 1902 ‘Low Tide’ variety is sought after.  

I only bought the Penny as I recently purchased a 1902 Matte Proof Coronation Set, Sovereign down to Mandy Penny and thought it would be nice to collect the 1902 Bronze coinage to go with it.   This NGC graded Penny was sat on a dealer website for far less than what NGC would have charged to grade it! 
 I just looked at the census and surprisingly,  there’s only 23 higher in this designation. 

What does high and low tide signify?.

3 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Awsome usa pieces in today. 

My first MKBarz box is complete. His bars are amazing. 

Postal express pandemic. One of the hottest private mints right now 

And who doesent love a silverbugs in space 

IMG_20210109_164159.jpg

IMG_20210109_164142.jpg

20210109_161346.jpg

20210109_161059.jpg

20210109_161118.jpg

I think silver slacker has one of the largest collection of mkbarz....check him out on youtube.

9 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Just what I thought- a little bit underwhelming for a couple of hundred pounds uplift in the price 🤷‍♂️

Hey my ms65 peace go up dramatically from 64 or to 66...even cac can make the prices bounce.

Just now, DarkChameleon said:

Hey my ms65 peace go up dramatically from 64 or to 66...even cac can make the prices bounce.

And as for VAM...lol.