• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 8000+ forum members. 

ChrisSilver

Today I Received.....

On 18/12/2019 at 05:58, Jamesd said:

I do like something different from the norm on occasion. Thanks @StackSellRepeat. Really nice coin.

20191218_124946.jpg

Oh that must be the mythical beast known as the Congress that actually produces a balanced budget, reduces debt, abides by the Constitution, and does the work of the people!

I've only heard of this thing in faint whispers, and in accounts of dreams long forgotten. 

48 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Nothing special in the least, but how would this have happened? A crack in the die would be raised wouldn't it, Ideas?

20191220_102419.jpg

There could have been a bit of metal swarf that got in the way when it was being pressed if there was a quality control issue at the time. Any marks on the other side?

31 minutes ago, MickB said:

There could have been a bit of metal swarf that got in the way when it was being pressed if there was a quality control issue at the time. Any marks on the other side?

Only the sheildūüėĀ

1 hour ago, MickB said:

If swarf was trapped there wouldn't be the detail of the crown ..... would there?. The swarf would mask the die and the line would show blank...maybe a bit of swarf in the blank..... or is that what you meant ..ūü§Ē

Edited by Stu66

17 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

This beautiful coin arrived from America 

C2353977-C2A9-45B0-8EC3-B9DA6F7DC2C6.thumb.jpeg.43e6eceaca68bdeec7a3d246f2794f1c.jpeg

Maybe the person encapsulating thought the shield was so nice, it should be upright... I had coins in NGC slabs moving during transport (usually¬†soft 24K gold so i¬†guess they are a bit¬†less firmly gripped)¬†but a sovereign spec coin shouldn‚Äôt move, hopefully¬†ūüôĄ

1 hour ago, Stu66 said:

If swarf was trapped there wouldn't be the detail of the crown ..... would there?. The swarf would mask the die and the line would show blank...maybe a bit of swarf in the blank..... or is that what you meant ..ūü§Ē

The letter G sits above the mark and might indicate the damage was done after it left the mint, so maybe not swarf caused it which I first thought. 

53 minutes ago, augur said:

Maybe the person encapsulating thought the shield was so nice, it should be upright... I had coins in NGC slabs moving during transport (usually¬†soft 24K gold so i¬†guess they are a bit¬†less firmly gripped)¬†but a sovereign spec coin shouldn‚Äôt move, hopefully¬†ūüôĄ

Not in this case ūüėā

BCA40464-BA19-45DF-9E60-D50101D0B92B.thumb.jpeg.cc2394cf8931f7c9e927fe375b1271a2.jpeg

1 hour ago, MickB said:

The letter G sits above the mark and might indicate the damage was done after it left the mint, so maybe not swarf caused it which I first thought. 

yeah, strange the groove stops at and doesn't encroach the rim.

3 hours ago, adamthetaller said:

A trio of fancy paintings... Been waiting ages for these thanks to the constant delays on the 'pre-order' Cameroon Rembrandt one! 

Not entirely sure what these are, but they look nice!