• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

12 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I was debating whether to pull the trigger on that 50 peso but think I want to get the Venti first. 

Gorgeous coin though

The venti is a beautiful coin definitely worth picking up before the 50 ( im glad i did) unless one comes along at a good price 

27 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

This is the 2019 Perth Mint Swan 1oz silver bullion coin. They released this on Monday and the Perth Mint sold out within an hour. 

Wow, what is the mintage on that? Crazy that they sold out so quickly. I have to admit that I do not collect any of the Australian coins but would like to one day - I am too busy trying to complete three other series of different coins which is proving difficult... The swan coin is really, really beautiful though - a great buy!

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Wow, what is the mintage on that? Crazy that they sold out so quickly. I have to admit that I do not collect any of the Australian coins but would like to one day - I am too busy trying to complete three other series of different coins which is proving difficult... The swan coin is really, really beautiful though - a great buy!

25,000 coins, so still quite a lot. I guess people were buying in quantity. 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

On 10/04/2019 at 15:35, DarkChameleon said:

My new baby arrived in all her beauty.

Beautiful, I'm also looking for one to add to my US coin collection, but that is very hard in Europe.. And pricey!!!

47 minutes ago, FFkook said:

Beautiful, I'm also looking for one to add to my US coin collection, but that is very hard in Europe.. And pricey!!!

You can do exchanges...similar price for price...there are enough American people on here, one might be interested....it's difficult to get british coins here.

Just now, DarkChameleon said:

You can do exchanges...similar price for price...there are enough American people on here, one might be interested....it's difficult to get british coins here.

Well, I am Dutch, so maybe Dutch coins would make a nice trade! 

Finding myself in Bllackpool (don't ask) I decided to pop into Chards. I bought a proof 2000 half sov, but when I checked it over in store I was suprised to see a tiny red spot on the st George side. That in itself was a no no for me but understandable as I have seen this happen on proof sovs before from the alloy metal used. 

What did confuse the hell out of me was what looked like black gunk around the rim of the coin. After pointing this out i was offered my choice of 2 other ones they had. No fault implied with Chards, they changed it right away and were very accommodating.  What I can't get my head around is how a boxed proof half sov got in that state to begin with. Was everyone in QC at the royal mint pissed in 2000? 

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’ve been looking for a decent 1821 sixpence for a while. They’re not massively rare but it is difficult to find one in goodish condition. This arrived today and I am extremely happy with it. It’s a dirty little coin but cleaning terrifies me and so it’ll be going into the collection as is.

if anyone does have any thoughts on cleaning, please can you let me know off thread? 

693F30B1-A38C-4CCC-82BE-6A059FAF0452.jpeg

F00D9311-8EAD-42ED-A987-47F84E182489.jpeg

You cant replace history so keep it the way it is.