• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

The Britannia bars sold by @SilverStan came with capsules but I had several bars purchased another supplier with no capsules and bought some additional empty capsules from @SilverStan as well.

https://www.preciousgoldandsilver.co.uk/product-page/10oz-bar-capsule-air-tite-brand-for-10oz-silver-bars

Im awaiting stock Im afraid capsules. I have some bars :)

Silverstacking.co.uk 

13 minutes ago, SilverStan said:

Im awaiting stock Im afraid capsules. I have some bars :)

....I saw on the website...4 capsules available.....I need 5 😀....any idea when new ones arrive ? ...and I can also see that the bars are out of stock, now, also 🙂 

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

An eBay Fractional Libertad pick up, another thanks to @fiveshotdon for the Half Sovereigns and Silver & Silver Piedfort 50p’s from the Mint. 

DB84F5AD-87B6-4D65-A1D4-E8D2AE161B62.thumb.jpeg.5762a4c324aadd8fb4be0d5e17d658be.jpeg

DB1691EB-9196-4ED8-BE69-4EB6F76821DE.thumb.jpeg.1a51180fe36fe9d7935029809f0af5cc.jpeg

353968AD-FC30-4961-AFDA-53DD88EDA367.thumb.jpeg.4667840f074adb8713c81ba63f3735b1.jpeg

DFC9DD09-5295-40C4-81B5-81DBFBE48A8C.thumb.jpeg.1a31a794cbd3d06031fc1e86dd5cc205.jpeg

Excellent favorites all around with the Sovs and Libs! Were the Stephen Hawking 50Ps that bad they needed to stay in the box? Hoping the Silver and Silver Piedfort are a great addition to the collection!

4 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Excellent favorites all around with the Sovs and Libs! Were the Stephen Hawking 50Ps that bad they needed to stay in the box? Hoping the Silver and Silver Piedfort are a great addition to the collection!

Thanks.  No, I'm sure they will be very nice, but I've just got in from work and tired out so will have a good look at them when I'm less tired.

Just now, richatthecroft said:

Thanks.  No, I'm sure they will be very nice, but I've just got in from work and tired out so will have a good look at them when I'm less tired.

Can definitely appreciate that! An unboxing to look forward to. Best wishes for a good evening and rest!

47 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

Today I inboxed a complete sterling silver set from the Franklin Mint (1981) of the World’s Greatest Airline Emblems - (bought this as a gift for my brother - but I think I may keep it for myself-😉

C23F75F2-21F6-44C0-8A92-B289EC9BAA54.jpeg

7CD8BB48-0869-4C01-94BD-F4FD89ACF2A2.jpeg

That is an awesome collection! Reminds me...still trying to figure out what to do with all those Pan Am frequent flier miles! 😁

On 16/03/2019 at 12:26, StackSellRepeat said:

Recent new pick up with some amazing history :) 

So we see a hell load of bank related bars & occasionally coins from North America & almost never from the U.K, Ladies & Gents I present to you my new beloved addition to my collection .......

Beautiful patina edge semi reeded, with Samuel Montagu stamped very clearly.

Some history; (wiki copy & paste)

Samuel Montagu & Co. was a British merchant bank founded by Samuel Montagu in 1853.

Set up as a bullion broking business, it aimed to make money from the Australian gold rush by brokering deals between sellers and buyers. From 1911 onwards, it became part of the group of companies which formed the London bullion market.[1]

After the death of founder Samuel Montagu, the bank passed into the ownership of the family trust, Montagu Trust. In 1967, the Midland Bank acquired a share in Montagu Trust, and so became the first British clearing bank to control a London merchant bank. Samuel Montagu & Co. became a wholly owned subsidiary in 1974,[2] and on completion of the acquisition Midland also gained a majority share in Guyerzeller Bank AG in SwitzerlandMichael Samuel Rosenberg was Director of Corporate Finance for Samuel Montagu & Co. Ltd., from 1972 to 1974[3] [2]

Samuel Montagu's chairman in 1977 was Philip Shelbourne, who owned a terrier named Montagu, which would travel with him in the back seat of his chauffeur-driven Mercedes. Shelbourne, a trained barrister, had been the first outside director of NM Rothschild, before joining the Drayton Corporation, a manager of investment trusts. Its founder, Harley Drayton, was a well-known City buccaneer. Drayton was later absorbed by Samuel Montagu, to form the merchant bank's investment management subsidiary, Drayton Montagu Portfolio Management. In 1977 its managing director was David, now Lord, Stevens. 

Today, Samuel Montagu & Co. forms part of the private banking service of HSBC. The name was last used by HSBC in 2000. In 2003, HSBC spun off its private equity business, which took the name Montagu Private Equity.[4]

besides the above I was told the following; 

Hello Yas, I can't tell you date of mintage but i'd guess 1980's or 1990's. You won't find it in any of those guide's you mention as its a Pure Bullion coin.

Samuel Montagu is a Big Player in Gold & Silver Bullion Investment items, they were established in 1853 in London and are Hugely involved in Big Business today....HSBC Bank, Hong Kong Markets amongst many others.

Lot more info online, But can’t really find another example of the coin or information regarding mintage which would be a big help. If anyone has any info that would be music to my ears 👍

Many Thanks 

63BBB477-D4EF-4444-8FA6-3C2C743C4D2A.jpeg

FD78A5E8-698F-40EE-94BB-341E075FF989.jpeg

77579764-95B5-4DD3-9720-B4DC9F8F7A8A.jpeg

DD585C6C-A220-4CCE-94CC-6A468CAAD68A.jpeg

Thanks for sharing such a fabulous bit of English Banking history.  It has the look of one of those old 18/19thCentury Tokens about it and I wonder if its older than the estimate; particularly as it has "Co" and not "Ltd" on it.    You could so easily miss this in a rummage....

34 minutes ago, Caratacus said:

Thanks for sharing such a fabulous bit of English Banking history.  It has the look of one of those old 18/19thCentury Tokens about it and I wonder if its older than the estimate; particularly as it has "Co" and not "Ltd" on it.    You could so easily miss this in a rummage....

Honestly have no clue, but it does have the same style as you mentioned but I’ve not seen any 999 fine coins from the 18/19th era, the purist was possibly.925 or .900 which are coins from the 1800s I’m no expect, just what I’ve seen from experience..... so even though it would be brilliant if they where that old, I truly doubt they are. I’m Curious what all you guys in the forum think ? What’s the oldest .999 coin you have seen?

matter in fact when was the first recorded .999 fine silver coin ever minted or are their no records as I can’t find any info on this???

Edited by StackSellRepeat

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....