• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

• Founder & Administrator

@Pete. That is a lot of horses! I think the slabbed ones should be a good investment. Probably a good item to flip.

@morezone. Nice purchase on the stackers! I really like those scottsdale stacker bars. Can get stackable air-tites for them as well, which is pretty cool.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

@morezone. Nice purchase on the stackers! I really like those scottsdale stacker bars. Can get stackable air-tites for them as well, which is pretty cool.

I'm not going to bother capping these. Leaving these on my desk to play with and use as paper weights as needed.

I was planning on leaving my 1oz bars uncapped too but today I decided to cap them instead.

Got my Gairsoppa coin, but also got 4 more coin trays. Two 50mmm (5 x 3) which is ideal for 1oz PM lunar coins and two 45mm (6 x 4) which is good for generic bullion, morgans, crowns and the like once encapsulated, bit of room but that's ok.

6 trays total now, catalogued to US, British, Canadian, PM Lunar, 'Rest of World' and a spare, which will probably become Australian.

Sure, it's in a plasic holder sandwiched inbetween card which i'm leaving it in to keep it all together, so no loose coin pictures. I've included a sovereign for sizing in one of 'empost-108-0-03750700-1398513895_thumb.jpgpost-108-0-10312900-1398513920_thumb.jpgpost-108-0-13445300-1398513942_thumb.jpg

N.B Any visible blemishes are on the surface of the plastic holder, the coin is in perfect condition

N.B #2 Not good at photography, the focus on my phone is sporadic.

Edited by Ares

How'd you manage to get hold of capsuled stock horses, ya bugger?

Today I received..... Royal Mail card - "Unfortunately we can't deliver your item because there's a fee to pay"

Another £14.34 - There's a customs charge!

At least this time the cost is spread over three coins.

So that is 2 for 2 being intercepted by customs with my orders from Australia. Not sure I dare make any more.

Hi Sham.

I ordered the capsuled from EMK direct. We can make one part of our deal if you wish? I only need one.

I got collared for £12.38 on my two carded stock horses from Oz so not too bad.

D

I said I was giving up on this series as I can't be arsed facing all this hassle again next year - and now you tempt me like this!!!! What have I ever done to you? :huh:  LOL Mate - might take you up on that.

Lets talk in a week. I'm off camping again next week! :)

I said I was giving up on this series as I can't be arsed facing all this hassle again next year - and now you tempt me like this!!!! What have I ever done to you? :huh: LOL Mate - might take you up on that.

Lets talk in a week. I'm off camping again next week! :)

Coming from the man that got me into 2ozers and now 5ozers, you can hardly moan at me.

Shoot me a PM buddy and we'll talk.

Stacker since 2013

Coming from the man that got me into 2ozers and now 5ozers, you can hardly moan at me.

Shoot me a PM buddy and we'll talk.

Ha ha!! What goes around comes around! lol :P (Now..... Think I'll tempt him with a ½ Ouncer next Mwa ha haaa!) [evil plan - achievement unlocked!!] :D

I only had a few oz myself.

I plan to get a 1oz UK lunar each year plus the 1oz Canadian Howling wolf (don't know what the series is called) and the 1oz 2014 Australian 25th anniversary. Then 1/10th in every other coin. I recon 3 oz a year after this year.

I need to be strong because I'm really tempted to get some of the proof 1/10th from the Canadian mint and RAM. They have high premiums which would be better spent on stacking bullion 1/10ths.

But I am planning on collecting Assay Cert fractional 5g and under.

It's not the most economical way of buying but it's more for fun than anything.

• Founder & Administrator

Nice variety of gold coins there morezone!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

So, just got my first Perth Mint coin today - and it's nothing really special, only a Koala (so not worth a photo), but I can see why the PM stuff is so well regarded on here. Exceptionally good finish and a really beautiful coin. Very tempted to get myself a Kook. God help me but I think I might end up... collecting this stuff :blink:  

So, just got my first Perth Mint coin today - and it's nothing really special, only a Koala (so not worth a photo), but I can see why the PM stuff is so well regarded on here. Exceptionally good finish and a really beautiful coin. Very tempted to get myself a Kook. God help me but I think I might end up... collecting this stuff :blink:

Congratulations SS.

I'm a big Perth Mint fan, but prefer the kooks to the koalas (the older koalas aren't that nice) but the newer ones like yours are lovely.

You need to get yourself a lunar series 2, they are bigger and beautiful.

Stacker since 2013