• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

57 minutes ago, theman73 said:

How on Earth everybody can make such nice pictures?

Did I have two left hands?

I'm trying to figure this out too.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

19 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

To answer you specifically, I believe @DrDave is going to provide a tutorial / series on photographing previous metals.

In the interim, I am happy to give you a few tips, if you want to message me.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a decent photo with enough depth of field and without a reflection of the lens showing in the picture.  This is supposed to work down to 30cm distance.  The macro lens I'm using is by the same outfit.  Thoughts?

https://www.shopapexel.com/collections/hot-sale-telephoto-lens-kit/products/apexel-6x-close-focus-monocular

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

13 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a decent photo with enough depth of field and without a reflection of the lens showing in the picture.  This is supposed to work down to 30cm distance.  The macro lens I'm using is by the same outfit.  Thoughts?

https://www.shopapexel.com/collections/hot-sale-telephoto-lens-kit/products/apexel-6x-close-focus-monocular

I have created a new topic to explain and discuss, since this one is not really for getting into the photography weeds.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

21 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

With an actual confirmed mintage of a paltry 189 (from a maximum 600) it had rated as my second most desirable gold roo, behind only the elusive RAM 2018 25th Anniversary 1oz.

are you referring to this one?

018.thumb.jpg.def436bc9b3b4bda8d3a5dd6547071e0.jpg

Edited by daca

18 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Oh, and it's 999.99.

Surely there can't be more than two digits in front of the decimal point? 😬

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

41 minutes ago, stefffana said:

It is in parts per 1000. So yes, 999.99/1000 is correct.🤗

Yes thanks.

It's the first I have at that purity.  Plenty of 999's and 9999's.  But five nines is new to me.  Not that it really matters, but still...

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

There's me thinking it was a percentage, as is Sterling or Britannia etc.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

5 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Yes thanks.

It's the first I have at that purity.  Plenty of 999's and 9999's.  But five nines is new to me.  Not that it really matters, but still...

Apparently most .9999 is actually about .99997 or something of that order.  I think the really high purity gold is done with an electrolytic process a bit like refining silver.

Edited by Silverlocks

7 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It’s by birthday today and it feels like it!  Been waiting ages to get these! 

56BC1C5D-EB3D-4A96-9A1F-CBBEE93D62EA.jpeg

426A4905-CB3F-4EE1-ACF7-714365D8B305.jpeg

7C4C21EE-27CD-4ABD-9A3F-A7FC8BEDA359.jpeg

3188357F-F83B-4569-8F34-E303D3597309.jpeg

Happy birthday Dave! Have a great day fondling your sovs :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Got this a while ago but to my US address so I've only had it in person yesterday.  A hard to get 1oz silver Archangel Michael. Only 25000 of these 2013 minted in bullion and a must have to go with my 2013 1/10th Gold. Chuffed to bits. Probably my favourite silver piece and will be hard to beat. I can't get decent pictures of it yet and none side by side with the tenth but once they're together I'll post some. 

20221114_173957.jpg

20221114_174055.jpg 

Also .... I found this bit funny. Since it came directly from the Ukraine, the Ukrainian stamps on the envelope used to send it had depictions of tractors towing tanks 🤣🤣🤣.  Got to admire those people. Slava Ukraine!!

20221114_174346.jpg

20221114_174408.jpg

Edited by Mtaybar