• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

14 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

A modest little coin that I have actually been intending to get for ages and never got round to it. Until now. The 1995 End of WWII silver proof £2. I think its a really pretty coin.

Beside it in the picture is a circulation one that I found in change back when it was released. It was the first time I noticed a 'fancy' coin in my change, so I kept it. I've always liked it. Maybe the gold one day to complete the set...

20221108_201150.thumb.jpg.e401a777f4d8bf004aefe606b04560c9.jpg

It is a lovely coin, indeed. The gold one been for sale in the summer on forum at a very good price at that moment. I don't know if was sold or not, but I am very sure @SilverTalent had it. Maybe he can help you with £2 gold proof "Dove of Peace".🤗

12 minutes ago, stefffana said:

It is a lovely coin, indeed. The gold one been for sale in the summer on forum at a very good price at that moment. I don't know if was sold or not, but I am very sure @SilverTalent had it. Maybe he can help you with £2 gold proof "Dove of Peace".🤗

Unless he's willing to let it go for about forty quid, I'll just have to wait!

1 minute ago, Happypanda88 said:

Two and a half ounces of golden goodness. The half oz elephant is 33mm in diameter which is bigger than the 1oz Yale (at 32.69mm).  It is visually pleasing at this size. I like it. 

IMG_20221109_092123.thumb.jpg.4c08b9aba3dbb3642efcd95e4874d4f9.jpg

IMG_20221109_084054.thumb.jpg.448f7eadf2c1da7e96763cf37b47b6bb.jpg

IMG_20221109.thumb.jpg.9fc66b32c6121ccf89cac6941cdbe573.jpg

512588758_2022SomaliElephant.thumb.jpg.c32de0a4548819431d327f331ed327ca.jpg

Beautiful 👍 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

28 minutes ago, DrDave said:

And now for something completely different..........

Inspired by the work of our resident silver pourers @BackyardBullionand @StBeesSilver i started to watch some youtube videos, and came across lost wax (investment) casting. With lost wax (which i can resin print) i can reproduce some of my warhammer figures etc which i couldn't do with sand casting.  Now this will be a relatively large layout for the kit, but i gotta start somewhere. So i've treated myself to a budget furnace, some tools and a bag of silver grain. I've fired up the resin printers with some basic rounds, and donned my asbestos pants!

If i don't post for a while, i'll update you when i get out of A&E 😂

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Where did you get your kit please?
I used to create a lot of lost wax bits to replace on old longcases etc.. in brass, but used to send them to a little foundry I can't get to any longer (not even sure they are still there).
I have some bits I'd like to cast for a project & now you've made me want to have a go.

Edited by Essendie
added some manners.

2 minutes ago, Essendie said:

Where did you get your kit please?
I used to create a lot of lost wax bits to replace on old longcases etc.. in brass, but used to send them to a little foundry I can't get to any longer (not even sure they are still there).
I have some bits I'd like to cast for a project & now you've made me want to have a go.

The furnace is from amazon. It seems quite popular but for the price i'm not expecting it to last forever! Most of the tools and delft clay was from https://www.cooksongold.com/

Theres not much choice for the vacuum part of it so i'll look around once i get the hang of the furnace and some other basics

Good luck

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Was a very happy accident. 

I said I'd take the angels on the post ( 2 on picture ) 

I messaged to say I would take them all ( just incase there was an extra 1 or 2 as not everything can be fitted into pics.

Turns out there was 10 😆 🤣 😂  and anytime you get an oz of fractional gold as cheap as an oz of bullion gold, that's a very good day.

Bargain! And yeah I thought he must have only had a few due to the pic 

29 minutes ago, Gordy said:

My wee stock of 1g bars courtesy of @TavexBullion with great packaging as usual....... 

Tavex Gold Bars 1.jpg

Tavex Gold Bars 2.jpg

Tavex Gold Bars 3.jpg

Excellent for carrying in wallet. 

Please take one with you on next trip to shop, when you get to checkout, tap it repeatedly on the card reader... then hand to girl/guy and ask them do they not accept "tavex gold account credit cards" 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

36 minutes ago, Gordy said:

My wee stock of 1g bars courtesy of @TavexBullion with great packaging as usual....... 

Tavex Gold Bars 1.jpg

Tavex Gold Bars 2.jpg

Tavex Gold Bars 3.jpg

Wow, those look really, really nice. I don't do bars, but I think I would make an exception for one of those. 

Also, I didn't realise Tavex got their gold from Nadir

2 hours ago, Solachesis said:

Wow, those look really, really nice. I don't do bars, but I think I would make an exception for one of those. 

Also, I didn't realise Tavex got their gold from Nadir

I think these are a sort of white label product that Nadir do.  Do look at Tavex's site, though, as the premiums on these are less than the premiums on some of their 5-10g Valcambi bars and way less than their 10g PAMP bars.

I got a few from Tavex the other day and it's quite possible that next month's purchases will involve some of those.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

This is the generic version of the Tavex bar.  I have no idea what the minimum quantity is, but I suppose one could see if they can do The Silver Forum branded ones - or NBS, for that matter.

Tailor Made Products – Nadir Metal Rafineri

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

This is the generic version of the Tavex bar.  I have no idea what the minimum quantity is, but I suppose one could see if they can do The Silver Forum branded ones - or NBS, for that matter.

Tailor Made Products – Nadir Metal Rafineri

Ah very cool thank you. I wonder how one would acquire one here, outside of a business partnership, because I tried to buy their gram coins before but the first hurdle was not having a Turkish ID number, and the second was they wouldn't ship to me 

https://www.nadirmetal.com.tr/en/au-gram-coins-2/ they are kinda cute