• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Today I received this cute little 1/4 Oz silver Britannia from @alexmcsheffrey

It will be a gift for my fiancée's little brother. Annoyingly, the one Britannia I won't be keeping happens to not be completely destroyed by the lack of quality control! Very good condition coin. 

@LawrenceChardI want to get a gift box for it, I saw chards do full sovereign ones with room for a capsule, reckon this'll fit? Coin itself is 22mm, don't have a ruler on hand to measure the capsule 

IMG_20221022_175304.jpg

IMG_20221022_175318.jpg

I don't know about any of our capsules, as I leave that to others at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, but we might have suitable boxes.

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, Silverman2U said:

I was thinking to do the same! 😂 

I picked ours up from Amazon. Cheap as chips. Just a bit of fun and definitely a talking point. 

4 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Do you what…it’s lovely just to muck about with in your hands..! 😂 Pretend it’s gold 😂😂

Going to treat myself to a 500 or 1000g bar next year just to have about the house.

On 22/10/2022 at 15:38, blackadder said:

British Monarchs Edward VII :) 1oz silver came today.

IMG_20221022_145855770.jpg

I can't find for sale

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

7 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Pulled the trigger on this 1818 LVIII crown - the horse is frosted so needs to be conserved to remove some grime and make it cleaner 

E304420C-8058-4BC8-A580-CC7A056543D4.jpeg

8B1A1DD9-38CB-4B83-B7DB-1103EB8E3DF0.jpeg

@GoldDiggerDave provides a conservation service....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

If it’s just to…

1) have “about the house” …copper.

2) If it’s to hedge against inflation and kept off site in a secure location… gold. 

For me its, if you have... 

£££ in the bank its Copper

£££££ in the bank its Gold

On 23/10/2022 at 11:40, Silverman2U said:

I was thinking to do the same! 😂 

Copper... I like the look, I like the idea, they always seem way too expensive though, makes the silver premium look tiny.
Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Edited by Earthmetal

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

8 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

For me its, if you have... 

£££ in the bank its Copper

£££££ in the bank its Gold

If I have “£££” it’s always silver for me.

Copper is if I have “££££££££” and don’t care what I blow a bit of money on something I ain’t getting it back. Copper to me is more a folly. 

Cons: Less buyers, takes up more space and heavier. 

Pro: It’s a bit of a lump! ;). A great show and tell. :)

Edited by Silverman2U

34 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Copper... I like the look, I like the idea, they always seem way too expensive though, makes the silver premium look tiny.
Or am I looking in the wrong places?

You’re spot on. I wouldn’t collect/stack it as an investment (not at that price) but as a bit of fun, fabulous! 

33 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

If I have “£££” it’s always silver for me.

Copper is if I have “££££££££” and don’t care what I blow a bit of money on something I ain’t getting it back. Copper to me is more a folly. 

Cons: Less buyers, takes up more space and heavier. 

Pro: It’s a bit of a lump! ;). A great show and tell. :)

Precisely. I have Silver (minority), Gold (majority) and now some copper (minuscule) as a percentage. 

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

No. 7 of this beautiful "AUSTRALIA AT NIGHT" series, the 2022 Barn Owl. 1 OZ Silver Black Proof, absolute nice details. Lovely work by the Perth Mint. I hope you animals got a lot of night life in Australia, so this series never stops

20221024_163454.jpg

20221024_162942.jpg

20221024_161448.jpg

20221024_165313.jpg

Thats a lovely set you have there 😎