• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, stefffana said:

I Liebe sie auch! Beeindruckend in der Hand, groß und schwer, über 1 Unze reines Silber in der Zusammensetzung. Wahrscheinlich die größte europäische Münze dieser Zeit, oder?

Here are the data on this coin. Greetings from Maxe.

https://de.ucoin.net/coin/hannover-2-thaler-1854-1855/?tid=81494

2 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

……. An absolute savage beating on the forums. 😵

And a chiding from the boss.  Shame.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

4 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

The Sovs sellage redeemed my rep tbh. 😎

Not to me!  😭

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

28 minutes ago, Agaumac said:

Shiny 2022 example to keep last year’s company. Thanks @BackyardBullion once again 

21B10682-B199-4AC0-95BC-0550228F7E65.jpeg

Lovely photo of them, thanks for sharing!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 20/10/2022 at 08:31, MaxeBaumann said:

Hello, a completely different category, I don't normally collect these older coins, but what can you do if you like them?🤗

image.thumb.jpeg.1c341c154423aa3f042738eee7272154.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.98e058571bbe8b4d47064e368a85a619.jpeg

Zooming in on the reverse of this coin it looks like the three lions of England, the harp of Ireland and the lion of Scotland.

It’s dated 1855 so Victoria was on the throne in Britain and I know the German link with British monarchy post 1714 with George I.

Can anyone explain, why would the representation of Britain and Ireland be on a German coin?

Edited by Foster88

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Wenn man auf die Rückseite dieser Münze hineinzoomt, sieht es aus wie die drei Löwen von England, die Harfe von Irland und der Löwe von Schottland.

Es ist auf das Jahr 1855 datiert, also saß Victoria in Großbritannien auf dem Thron, und ich kenne die deutsche Verbindung zur britischen Monarchie nach 1714 mit George I.

Kann jemand erklären, warum die Darstellung von Großbritannien und Irland auf einer deutschen Münze sein sollte?

Unfortunately, I can't tell you, but there are certainly experts here in the forum who can help. Greetings from Maxe.

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Zooming in on the reverse of this coin it looks like the three lions of England, the harp of Ireland and the lion of Scotland.

It’s dated 1855 so Victoria was on the throne in Britain and I know the German link with British monarchy post 1714 with George I.

Can anyone explain, why would the representation of Britain and Ireland be on a German coin?

Presume it’s because it’s from Hannover? At that time still very close links with Britain.

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

Presume it’s because it’s from Hannover? At that time still very close links with Britain.

When Victoria became Queen here, due to Salic law she couldn’t become queen of Hannover, so her uncle became king, followed by his son who remained king until Hannover was annexed by Prussia in the 1860s

4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

You can't imagine how happy you must be with charles. Not only because there's a quarter Greek in him, which could explain the early hair loss (I want Hercules on his coat of arms, not that white horse). If we had 1822, maybe Ernst August of Hanover would be sitting on your throne now, that would be fun. You can still see the distant cousin marriages of earlier years in him today.

I'm really not that knowledgeable about monarchy. But with the British Monarchs series, I will learn something about. Lesson one, it seems you don't like the first German King of England, George I. So this coin will never have a high demand.

I don't know exactly why I'm not actually king, but the King of Hanover was also automatically King of England from 1714 to 1837.

http://ieg-ego.eu/en/threads/european-networks/dynastic-networks/torsten-riotte-personal-union-and-transfer-great-britain-and-hanover-1714-1837

At that time, you didn't even have to speak English to be King of England. Then take me. No more VAT on silver and free delivery for all from day 1 of my regency.

18 minutes ago, Fishface220 said:

Just need to explain to the kids now how Santa has been involved in a very bad reindeer accident and it looks like he isn’t gonna pull thru!!

Tell the kids the Elves went out on strike when the union shop steward called a strike on Xmas eve......you'll have avowed capitalist, anti-union kiddies for life. 😂