• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Just now, jackflash123 said:

Well I've been trying to get photos that good but haven't managed upto now lol. You must have the eye for it 👍

Definitely the phone. Some cheap Chinese brand Redmi I think. Apparently 150 quid is cheap for a smartphone these days 😬 Could have done 150 mile in the car for that 

7 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Definitely the phone. Some cheap Chinese brand Redmi I think. Apparently 150 quid is cheap for a smartphone these days 😬 Could have done 150 mile in the car for that 

Lol I'm sure it's not just the phone. I have the latest Samsung S22 (over £800 to buy) and I haven't been able to take images that good. You do yourself an injustice - you've definitely got photography skills whether you realise it or not - that I'm sure of 😉

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, SeatonKev said:

Placed a little order with Tavex to see how it would go. All pretty straightforward, next day delivery and nicely packaged. 

20220709_174730.jpg

Those 1g bars make excellent pocket/wallet pieces 😆

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Those 1g bars make excellent pocket/wallet pieces 😆

I bought two with the intention of giving one away as a gift, as with pretty much everything else I buy I will be keeping them. 

Planning to buy 10 2022 sovereigns next week and Tavex look like the best place to get them so wanted to test their service. 

6 minutes ago, SeatonKev said:

I bought two with the intention of giving one away as a gift, as with pretty much everything else I buy I will be keeping them. 

Planning to buy 10 2022 sovereigns next week and Tavex look like the best place to get them so wanted to test their service. 

Think I've got most of my 2022s from there,couple on here which again I think came from there🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

19 minutes ago, SeatonKev said:

Their prices, speed and presentation are great!

Their payment system and order tracking totally suck.  Oh, and for the day I was trying to order, every time I logged-in, the price of my cart jumped up.  A lot.  (not the usual fluctuation)

I have no axe to grind. I wish them all the best, especially at such good prices, and will probably buy from them again.  My order was ultimately successful.  But they have some IT issues that need fixing fast, and my experience was pretty stressful.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

28 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Their prices, speed and presentation are great!

Their payment system and order tracking totally suck.  Oh, and for the day I was trying to order, every time I logged-in, the price of my cart jumped up.  A lot.  (not the usual fluctuation)

I have no axe to grind. I wish them all the best, especially at such good prices, and will probably buy from them again.  My order was ultimately successful.  But they have some IT issues that need fixing fast, and my experience was pretty stressful.

Rather than faff about with the Trustly thing I just opted to pay by invoice. Order went through, pro forma invoice was in my email within minutes and I paid it by bank transfer. It wasn't a large value order which may have influenced the process in some way. 

Agree about the tracking bit, the order is still showing as under review in my account but unless I've had a relapse and dreaming about gold and silver again I've definitely received it. 

2 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

I had almost forgot about this but today I received back the first coin I ever sent for grading

Originally purchased from @James32

69904270-90EC-4456-B7EC-AA2BFAF741B3.jpeg

685B915D-5B9D-4223-85F5-A07221E83CDB.jpeg

Congrats mucker.... Hopefully I'll be getting the results of my 2oz silver portrait soon. 🤞 I'm as lucky as you.