• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Furnace said:

Foster88 you inspired me to get one! It's a little bit beaten up but not too bad for something made in 1919. Really happy with it👍

20220524_183444.jpg

20220524_183420.jpg

20220524_183405.jpg

That looks great. It’s nice to hear I inspired you to get one.

Yours looks like it has an inscription on it, what does it say?

5 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

That looks great. It’s nice to hear I inspired you to get one.

Yours looks like it has an inscription on it, what does it say?

It is inscribed with:

Presented to Lieut B.T. McPherson

Sherwood Forresters on the occasion of his Marriage by his Brother Officers

No1 Dispersal unit. Ripon

1st September 1919

21 hours ago, CoinBug said:

Before I start, sorry I cannot attach photos as I've already scurried the gold away somewhere safe, never to be seen again. Actually that's a lie, but I can't be bothered to upload a photo of what everyone has seen before anyway.

I just wanted to say that last week I added another ten 2022 full sovereigns to my stack but I had never owned a double sovereign.

So at the weekend I purchased a double 2022 sovereign which arrived moments ago. 

All I can say is it was love at first sight. It amazes me how much bigger and heavier a double sovereign is when compared to a normal full size sovereign.

From now on I may think twice about going for piddly little sovereigns as I think I've fallen in love with the double.

Love the doubles too for the same reason....if ya what to get some spice in ya stack and coin love life and have the means to do so, get yourself a 5 quid sov....love will turn to pure lust pretty quickly. You'll be staring at it for hours mumbling "My precious"...😆

On 25/05/2022 at 09:59, Oddjob said:

Love the doubles too for the same reason....if ya what to get some spice in ya stack and coin love life and have the means to do so, get yourself a 5 quid sov....love will turn to pure lust pretty quickly. You'll be staring at it for hours mumbling "My precious"...😆

I was looking into those yesterday. Took me a reasonable amount of time to realise that a 'quintuple sovereign' and the £5 coin were the same thing.

What size are they in hand? Brit size?

Edited by FourNinesFine

Looking for the following 1oz Silver Elephants to complete date run.  Somalia (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014)   Zambia (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)

3 minutes ago, FourNinesFine said:

I was looking into those yesterday. Took me a reasonable amount of time to realise that a 'quintuple sovereign' and the gold £5 coin were the same thing.

What size are they in hand? Brit size?

Not much off the same face size a Brit and Roo 1 oz Ag coin...but thinner. Solid to hold.

25 minutes ago, James32 said:

today's final parcel 

what you mean that's it until tomorrow? sorry to hear bro 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, Oddjob said:

I'm hoping that a 2022 quintuple sovereign will be released soon. I know there's a proof version but I like to fondle my gold.