• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I have a little fifty pence collection, I have not managed to get one of these ones from this year though yet, I will keep my eyes peeled. Are they rare or anything like that, or just new(ish)?

they're new out for Lizzie's jubilee but only available in post offices unless some use them in shops to spend with, and quite hard to get so getting 8 is a good show.. 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

they're new out for Lizzie's jubilee but only available in post offices unless some use them in shops to spend with, and quite hard to get so getting 8 is a good show.. 

Is that why I haven't seen any in any of the shops that I go into. Well I will try and pop into the Post Office this week, do you just ask them if they have any on the off chance? I will pop in when it looks quiet and chance my luck, I dont know why but I started collecting the interesting ones for some reason.

3 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

Is that why I haven't seen any in any of the shops that I go into. Well I will try and pop into the Post Office this week, do you just ask them if they have any on the off chance? I will pop in when it looks quiet and chance my luck, I dont know why but I started collecting the interesting ones for some reason.

I went in to the post office i use on the day they came out just to see if i could pick up a couple for the kids but they are run by Sainsbury's and dont get cash off the post office ffs, so i put my mother on to it and she got 3 for my kids.. 

10 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I went in to the post office i use on the day they came out just to see if i could pick up a couple for the kids but they are run by Sainsbury's and dont get cash off the post office ffs, so i put my mother on to it and she got 3 for my kids.. 

Nicely done, well they sometimes send me to the Post Office for work and I go there when I need to post things, god bless them, but I will try and make a special effort to pop in and see them, when it looks quiet, so as not to upset the long line of people. Otherwise I will have to try and get a gold one, and they are very expensive, god bless it.

Edited by GreatCoins4U

3 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

And just received another 2022 sovereign from Atkinsons Bullion. Don't trust the FED and other central banks that they will increase rates significantly in the near future. If they would, the stock market would take a nose-dive and Powell, Pelosi and others are heavily invested in the stock market. Can't go wrong with gold :)

IMG_20220430_125421.jpg

Never purchased gold bullion would you think it’s a good investment for the future ?

and if yes why could you explain 

thanks 

55 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I have a little fifty pence collection, I have not managed to get one of these ones from this year though yet, I will keep my eyes peeled. Are they rare or anything like that, or just new(ish)?

They’re not so much rare, just a one off new design to mark the Platinum Jubilee.

I got a bag of them from my post office, but this was in February. I’d say the Post Office is still the best place to ask if they have any as that’s how they were put into circulation.

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

They’re not so much rare, just a one off new design to mark the Platinum Jubilee.

I got a bag of them from my post office, but this was in February. I’d say the Post Office is still the best place to ask if they have any as that’s how they were put into circulation.

I just wondered why I had not come across any of them in the real world, like in any shops or anything, but people are using cards alot more now and maybe working from home abit more. I will keep my eyes peeled in the shops and go into the Post Office this week to ask, what's it called, just a Platinum Jubilee 70 years 50p or something, will they know that is?

1 hour ago, Alz111 said:

Never purchased gold bullion would you think it’s a good investment for the future ?

thanks 

Yes, wished I'd started years ago. Why? Simple as an long term investment gold's historically sound. Just check out years gone by spot prices. Second it's nice to own in bullion form and if interested in numasically sound coins, gold coins can often be had close to spot. I like planes, scooped a spitfire 9ct a few months ago for spot, I bet if I put it up for sale here at spot it would go sharpish and I've made a few quid.

But as with any investment, could go down, that's the risk you take .

4 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I just wondered why I had not come across any of them in the real world, like in any shops or anything, but people are using cards alot more now and maybe working from home abit more. I will keep my eyes peeled in the shops and go into the Post Office this week to ask, what's it called, just a Platinum Jubilee 70 years 50p or something, will they know that is?

They should know what you mean. It might be easier to buy a bag of them, I think there’s 20 in a bag.

I don’t know if all post offices had them so you might have to try a few. If you get them in your change they’ll likely be battered.

The ones I got just had the odd scratch on them from the other coins in the bag.

24 minutes ago, GreatCoins4U said:

Yeah just ask for the new 50p coins, was by chance that I remembered. I just said do you have any new 50p coins, lady knew and asked me if I meant the platinum jubilee ones. After catching the bug, I went into another larger post office thinking it be easy to get but then waited in the queue and when got to the counter the lady there said they don't and wont get anymore in because it was a limited edition, (Not quite sure on that information.) So think its pot luck. Best wishes

Just now, Slam said:

Yeah just ask for the new 50p coins, was by chance that I remembered. I just said do you have any new 50p coins, lady knew and asked me if I meant the platinum jubilee ones. After catching the bug, I went into another larger post office thinking it be easy to get but then waited in the queue and when got to the counter the lady there said they don't and wont get anymore in because it was a limited edition, (Not quite sure on that information.) So think its pot luck. Best wishes

Alright cheers bud, I will report back if I have any luck in the week, you never know.

7 hours ago, Goldfever20 said:

Just received my City views coin. It looks so much better than on RM website. Love it 😃

20220430_113030.jpg

20220430_113052.jpg

How am I still waiting for my 2nd Monarch 1oz & 2oz coins??? 🤦‍♂️ 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

4 minutes ago, Slam said:

limited to 1.3 million but post offices were rationed

3 hours ago, Alz111 said:

thanks 

I don't view gold as an investment such as a stock where you want to buy low and sell high. Gold is an insurance against governments printing too much money so they can spend it on wars, the pharma industry, etc. all the while eroding the value/ purchasing power of the money in my account I worked hard for. 

This is a good video on gold by EB Tucker (have read his book, can highly recommend it) 

21 hours ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

Ein wirklich toller Jahrgang von heute. Nichts ist besser als Silber, das man anfassen kann. Diese A-Mark der 2. Generation sind immens.

NEBENBEI : A -Mark, wo das erste Metallunternehmen die Erlaubnis erteilt hat, das Silber aus dem Garsoppa-Schiffswrack zu schmelzen und wiederzuverwenden  😎

PXL_20220430_155728763.jpg

And we Germans were so fond of the D-Mark.🤣

20 hours ago, Foster88 said:

They should know what you mean. It might be easier to buy a bag of them, I think there’s 20 in a bag.

I don’t know if all post offices had them so you might have to try a few. If you get them in your change they’ll likely be battered.

The ones I got just had the odd scratch on them from the other coins in the bag.

Just looked online on eBay, they seem to be going for £1 - £2 minimum, so looks unlikely to me that the post office will have any, but I will ask on the off chance this week 🌞

21 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Just a few words about those mintdirect PCGS eligible coins. They ain't guaranteed good quality coins. It's a nice packaging, that's why i collect some of them. After minting they get packaged in OMP, than they got send to APMEX and than they seal them into the mintdirect packaging.

So especially uncapsuled bullion will have the same issues, as always. The first APMEX/PCGS mintdirect release was the 2020 Eagle. Just realized, my both got toned on the edge, so maybe not the best sealing.

20220501_234557.jpg

20220501_234452.jpg

But i still like the packaging and will collect some coins i like as APMEX MD

20220502_000543.jpg

That is one fine collection :)