• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

12 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Thanks to @Johnboysilver for my mandalorian bars today 

Screenshot_20220429-222648.png

13 minutes ago, StackerCollector said:

Something a bit different. Was a popular TV show so these go to PCGS as they are "first strike" eligible and I'll check back in 5-10 years if it was a good investment

IMG_20220430_105224.jpg

Mando silver.... this is the way. 👍

16 minutes ago, Goldfever20 said:

Just received my City views coin. It looks so much better than on RM website. Love it 😃

20220430_113030.jpg

20220430_113052.jpg

Why are you doing this to me now? I was so proud of myself, to skip at least one new RM series. But this one looks nice. And now i'm nervous. Nice coin, congrats.

10 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Why are you doing this to me now? I was so proud of myself, to skip at least one new RM series. But this one looks nice. And now i'm nervous. Nice coin, congrats.

Thanks. It's not too late, you can still get one from RM. Go for it matey 😉

1 minute ago, StackerCollector said:

And just received another 2022 sovereign from Atkinsons Bullion. Don't trust the FED and other central banks that they will increase rates significantly in the near future. If they would, the stock market would take a nose-dive and Powell, Pelosi and others are heavily invested in the stock market. Can't go wrong with gold :)

IMG_20220430_125421.jpg

Just got 9 of these from Atkinsons. I had a big credit card negative balance (due to Royal Mint having to refund me after 4 months of waiting for coins) and they take credit card 💳 too 👍🏻 

I would have used Chards (a bit cheaper) @LawrenceChardbut couldn’t pay with my credit card 🤷‍♂️ It’s registered to my home. Is it such a risk? The credit card company owed me about £3,500. I guess it’s a business decision not to take credit card due to potential charge-backs? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

4 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Just got 9 of these from Atkinsons. I had a big credit card negative balance (due to Royal Mint having to refund me after 4 months of waiting for coins) and they take credit card 💳 too 👍🏻 

I would have used Chards (a bit cheaper) @LawrenceChardbut couldn’t pay with my credit card 🤷‍♂️ It’s registered to my home. Is it such a risk? The credit card company owed me about £3,500. I guess it’s a business decision not to take credit card due to potential charge-backs? 

Yh, I was wondering why Chards don't accept credit cards?

12 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Wow wow wow 

NGC Pf62 2 Sovereign 1902

My first double sov, stunning proof matte finish now this is a coin so lifelike its untrue 

Your photographic skills are superb.

On 30/04/2022 at 13:31, MancunianStacker said:

That's an interesting "testimonial" and "price comparison"!

Your guess is substantially correct. We have had people commence opportunistic and unethical chargebacks. It requires a considerable effort to challenge these, and card companies tend to side with their card-holder customer even when there is clear evidence in our favour. This can also occur with debit cards, but more rarely.

Some other factors include excessively high merchant fees, now much reduced, and unethical lobbying and influence by big banks on governments, to enact laws favourable to credit card companies, but unfavourable to cash or cleared fund payers.

You have just added evidence to my theory that people who use credit cards pay more than those who don't!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

8 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That's an interesting "testimonial" and "price comparison"!

Your guess is substantially correct. We have had people commence opportunistic and unethical chargebacks. It requires a consideraable effort to challenge these, and card companies tend to side with their card-holder customer even when there is clear evidence in our favour. This can also occur with debit cards, but more rarely.

Some other factors include excessively high merchant fees, now much reduced, and unethical lobbying and influence by big banks on governments, to enact laws favourable to credit card companies, but unfavourable to cash or cleared fund payers.

You have just added evidence to my theory that people who use credit cards pay more than those who don't!

😎

👍🏻

The price was cheaper with Atkinsons first then cheaper at Chards minutes later, so only paid a little more (there wasn’t much in it at all) and since the credit card company owed me £3,500 I had to go via Atkinsons. I didn’t pay £3,500, that’s what they owed me!

I didn’t want you to lose business but I guess you’ve lost more money in the past accepting credit cards, otherwise you’d accept the risk like Atkinsons have done since 2016 🤷‍♂️ Obviously they have a different outlook.

Horses for courses I guess 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 hours ago, Slam said:

Hi All, 

Not silver or gold but was out and about in the sunny weather today and stumbled across these at the post office, I haven't seen a 50p in real life for like 2 or 3 years so the size shocked me a little. 

Grabbed a few

123.thumb.png.7e13269a53d217ee14344fdf6783eee7.png

I have a little fifty pence collection, I have not managed to get one of these ones from this year though yet, I will keep my eyes peeled. Are they rare or anything like that, or just new(ish)?

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

👍🏻

The price was cheaper with Atkinsons first then cheaper at Chards minutes later, so only paid a little more (there wasn’t much in it at all) and since the credit card company owed me £3,500 I had to go via Atkinsons. I didn’t pay £3,500, that’s what they owed me!

I didn’t want you to lose business but I guess you’ve lost more money in the past accepting credit cards, otherwise you’d accept the risk like Atkinsons have done since 2016 🤷‍♂️ Obviously they have a different outlook.

Horses for courses I guess 😉 

It sounds like I've made you feel guilty! I understood all that, it was nice of you to give us a mention. We can't win them all, and we like to leave Atkinsons a few crumbs.

I can remember when card companies routinely charged 4%, 5%, and even more. Also they require some small traders to deposit money with them in advance in case of chargebacks, and they also used to reject some small traders outright, for no apparent reason. 

I just remembered one attempted fraud, when someone tried to buy a large amount of gold on a credit card. We suspected the fraud, told the card company, then the scammer phoned the card company and threatened to complain via his bank. The card company gave in, and authorised his card payment. We called the police, who recovered 2 stolen cards from him and his "pilot / chauffeur". An "authorisation" is not a clearance or guarantee, and we would have lost out completely, not the bank of card company.

There is a lot more I could tell!

Chards