• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Love this idea......hmmmm could I now have a new mini project for my two wee monsters 🤔

Can I ask where you picked up the walnut boxes from @ZigZag  they look great 👍🏻

Sure, both came making offers to sellers on eBay would you believe. Hasten to add, the coins will not come that route 😂

My collections are largely for the kids, I’ve done various date runs, suppose I’m just trying to get them interested in different forms of collecting; they might take a shine to something specific as they get older. 

On 25/09/2021 at 08:33, Simmoleon said:

Received this coin, again couldn’t resist adding this to the collection. Grade XF*

Anonymous. Circa 225-214 BC. AR Didrachm.  Laureate head of Janus; curved truncation / Jupiter, hurling thunderbolt and holding scepter, in galloping quadriga right driven by Victory

7D982EF5-5825-48C1-927B-1D5B7F30790D.jpeg

Very nice coin.

Two heads are better than one! 😎

Chards

On 24/09/2021 at 18:23, LawrenceChard said:

Some years ago, I was driving to our parking space at the back of our old office/showroom, when I saw a guy urinating on next door's gate. I managed to get a good photo of him (for evidential and deterrent purposes), his wife/girlfriend was at the end ot the street laughing at him, for getting caught.

I handed my camera to our photographer, saying look what I caught some ****-head doing, which inspired the idea to add a cloned appendage to his forehead, with appropriate caption. It would probably work on a coin.

P.S. Those were not my asterisks, and must have been auto "corrected" by TSF.

I wonder what will happen if I mention **** Whittington? 😎

On 09/12/2019 at 20:22, Pete said:

Many of us on this forum also followed D.ick Whittington.
Good luck striking it rich.
Fortunately I have other assets and can take the hit.
My silver stack is worth less than half what I originally paid, thinking at the time I started that silver was a win-win investment.
When it peaked at £30 per ounce I was sure it was heading even higher according to all the experts, mostly from the USA, so that kind of explains things as they write books on business and sell training courses etc, so they must be right !!

2023 UK Coin Design Forecast - 700th Anniversary of the Death of **** Whittington

dickwhittington.thumb.png.ef3f39f8b40ed568ca1bb7b46fe5a17d.png

The main problem might be marketing it. 😎

Chards

10 hours ago, matt1r said:

Another crown for the collection 🙂

8DACCBE4-F68B-4479-8F2D-39100772ED77.jpeg

I am wondering about that clearly distinguishable area with less patina on the reverse - that silvery stripe running across the coin. I have noticed very similar patterns on quite many older silver coins. Does anyone have an idea what leads to developing such straight pattern of surface with less patina?

On 24/09/2021 at 19:13, CollectorNo1 said:

Today I received... 2021 Brumbysimage.thumb.jpg.e3a331f22521983c39e0691f95efa95c.jpg and DC Wonder woman.

Thanks Silver Trader for another great experience and coins. These look better in hand than the photos...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brumby is just a really beautiful coin, lovely series.

17 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

I am wondering about that clearly distinguishable area with less patina on the reverse - that silvery stripe running across the coin. I have noticed very similar patterns on quite many older silver coins. Does anyone have an idea what leads to developing such straight pattern of surface with less patina?

My english is a mess, but i try. I think it comes from plastic sleaves. It looks like the stripe, that holds the sleaves together giving more pressure and less oxygen on this part of the coin. If the coin is for years or decades ontouched in them, this small difference could cause this different toning on the coin.

Edited by dikefalos

5 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

My english is a mess, but i try. I think it comes from plastic sleaves. It looks like the stripe, that holds the sleaves together giving more pressure and less oxygen on this part of the coin. If the coin is for years or decades ontouched in them, this small difference could cause this different toning on the coin.

These are bullion coins...not proofs...if you hope that a bullion coin is going to be the same standard as a proof..think again...also if you look at the diabolical state of the QB's Silver proof coins released this year.......supposedly minted and sent in perfect condition🙄🙄🙄I think your comments on bullion coins fails miserably..with respect..

Regards.

4 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

These are bullion coins...not proofs...if you hope that a bullion coin is going to be the same standard as a proof..think again...also if you look at the diabolical state of the QB's Silver proof coins released this year.......supposedly minted and sent in perfect condition🙄🙄🙄I think your comments on bullion coins fails miserably..with respect..

Regards.

Hey, just don't be so quick - I think you slightly misunderstood what dikefalos replied to. Please refer to my question upthread on 1937 crown.

3 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Regards.

What you talking about? What coin are you talking about? I mentioned the toning and not the strike of @matt1r's crown. 

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

What you talking about? What coin are you talking about? I mentioned the toning and not the strike of @matt1r's crown. 

I'm talking about the GIV shilling being offered for £350 compared to the one I saw being sold for £26on ebay..maybe I've posted in the wrong thread....

Regards.

3 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Lucky its only the toning and not the killer green slime, I take them out of those holders immediately,it cost me $150 toget a peace dollar restored, don't want similar just cos some fool cheated out with the holders.

3 hours ago, dikefalos said:

My english is a mess, but i try.

Ihr Englisch ist gut, wir können alle verstehen, was Sie auf Englisch sagen. Ich habe Deutsch in der Schule gelernt.

For those who want to know what I said....

Your english is good, we can all understand what you say in english.

I learned german at school. 😬

2 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Ihr Englisch ist gut, wir können alle verstehen, was Sie auf Englisch sagen. Ich habe Deutsch in der Schule gelernt.

For those who want to know what I said....

Your english is good, we can all understand what you say in english.

I learned german at school. 😬

I had to get an a grade I school to even be allowed into german...they only started German in national curriculum in I think 82.

6 hours ago, Foster88 said:

A little late but I received this very nice bar from @Jamesd last week.

A great bar and I’m happy to be one of the first buyers of his bars.

I wish him the best of luck in his new venture.

Keep them coming!!

7EFBF828-88BA-4C35-B308-3079DCC2687B.jpeg

856E138D-A1C3-4D2D-A7F7-C7F00CA28C0D.jpeg

appreciate the support buddy 😀