• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Yes, that's interesting, although the reverse is not frosted on the relief, so it is possibly a B.U. or bullion made using a polished blank.

The obverse does look normal for B.U. or bullion.

😎

Yes that makes sense to me, it certainly looks like a proof version in some respects and a bullion version in others, quite interesting I thought. Many thnaks.

26 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Received this a couple of weeks ago but thought I’d hold it back for Jubilee weekend. The 2oz Gold Queens Beast Completer in PF70. A mintage of only 100. What. A. Coin!!! The longest reigning monarch surrounded and protected by the countries beasts. I don’t think there is a better original modern coin design that has been produced by the Royal Mint during Queen Elizabeth’s reign. For me it sits alongside the Una and the Lion, Three Graces, Rocking Horse Crown and 2014 Britannia as stand out designs. Amongst modern coin engravers Jody Clark has created some designs that will be revered for many years to come. The jewel in the crown for my modern coin collection for sure

82FBBBAA-3017-4C6F-970A-E0498A031B71.jpeg

Amazing coin! Absolutely stunning. It's reminded me of a question I had regarding Royal Mint's "Limited Edition" numbers compared to their mintage numbers. I get completely confused when looking at their website. For example, on this one: https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/the-britannia-2021-uk-two-ounce-gold-proof-coin-lep/ it states "Limited Edition 50" with a "Maximum Coin Mintage" of 103. Do you (or anyone else!) know why there's a difference?

Edited by SlowFrog

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

A very generous and heart warming gift from @SilverDrum also came with some excellent artwork which i wont show,as no doubt I will get the blame for it and a certain (S) will be out for blood. 

20220604_113718.jpg

20220604_113738.jpg

Suspicion confirmed lol. Nice work @SilverDrum at least you used your crayons for drawing this time instead of breakfast 😉👍🤣

1 hour ago, SlowFrog said:

Amazing coin! Absolutely stunning. It's reminded me of a question I had regarding Royal Mint's "Limited Edition" numbers compared to their mintage numbers. I get completely confused when looking at their website. For example, on this one: https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/the-britannia-2021-uk-two-ounce-gold-proof-coin-lep/ it states "Limited Edition 50" with a "Maximum Coin Mintage" of 103. Do you (or anyone else!) know why there's a difference?

Thanks.

On your question, the limited edition number is normally the amount in that presentation box. The the maximum mintage number is there to cover other ways they could sell or gift additional coins should they choose. Some will probably be used in the Trial of the Pyx, the Royal Mint may have some graded by NGC and sell those at a premium, they could sell them in a frame and print like they have in the past, in a card with stamps, various ways

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/britannia-frames/

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

2 hours ago, Heirlooms said:

Thanks.

On your question, the limited edition number is normally the amount in that presentation box. The the maximum mintage number is there to cover other ways they could sell or gift additional coins should they choose. Some will probably be used in the Trial of the Pyx, the Royal Mint may have some graded by NGC and sell those at a premium, they could sell them in a frame and print like they have in the past, in a card with stamps, various ways

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/britannia-frames/

Brilliant info! Thank you very much. I'm sure others here will appreciate it too. Congrats on your coin - it's gorgeous and I'm still drooling! :P

17 minutes ago, ryanp007 said:

Today I received...

Well, ok, they didn't all show up today, they've been assembled over a six month period. But the last one DID just show up this week, so I'm posting anyways.

Here's a nice mini-collection of Romanian gold pieces in terrific condition. Eastern European gold coinage can be tough to collect, with its unfortunate combination of low mintages and war/revolution/political unrest.

The coins:

1. 1883 20 Lei - LMU standard 0.1867AGW - Minted in Bucharest, 185,290 pieces. King Carol I on the obverse, crowned and draped coat of arms on the reverse. Edge lettering that reads "PATRIA*SI DREPTUL*MEU" (Homeland And My Right).

2. 1890 20 Lei - LMU standard 0.1867AGW - Minted in Bucharest, 196,000 pieces. King Carol I on the obverse, crowned and draped coat of arms on the reverse. Edge lettering that reads "PATRIA*SI DREPTUL*MEU" (Homeland And My Right).

3. 1906 circulating commemorative 20 Lei - LMU standard 0.1867AGW - Minted in Brussels, Belgium, 15,000 pieces. Obverse and reverse both portraits of King Carol I. Milled edge.

4. 1944 Ardealul Nostru medallion, a commemorative issued to mark the liberation of areas of northern Transylvania that were annexed by Hungary in 1940 with the support of Nazi Germany.

Nominally assigned a value of 20 Lei, although not to LMU standards - it mirrors the same size/fineness/weight of the debased 100 Franc - 21mm, 6.55g, 0.1895AGW.

Obverse depicts overlapped busts of Michael the Brave, King Ferdinand, and King Michael. Reverse is a crowned eagle surrounded by the coats of arms of the annexed Transylvanian counties. Edge lettering that reads "NIHIL SINE DEO" (Nothing Without God).

Minted in Vienna, 1,000,000 pieces, though its anyone's guess how many survived the end of WWII and all that came after in this part of the world. Many thanks to @DuncanWylieWilson for this piece that completes my little Romanian mini-collection. Off to deep storage for my ungrateful heirs to one day auction off 😂😂😂

20220604_095605.jpg

20220604_095534.jpg

20220604_095033.jpg

20220604_095100.jpg

20220604_095231.jpg

20220604_095251.jpg

20220604_095307.jpg

20220604_095322.jpg

20220604_095346.jpg

20220604_095359.jpg

20220604_095429.jpg

20220604_095447.jpg

Absolutely astonishing post! Romanian gold is quite something and it’s nice to be able to see fellow collectors showing off what they enjoy! 

Amazing coins with a tremendous history! Thank you for the tag and for your purchase.

Looking forward to seeing what other rarities we deal upon soon! 🌟👍🏻

"INDIVIDUAL AMBITION SERVES THE COMMON GOOD." – Adam Smith

⚜️ Sub-Forum https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/144-wilson-numismatics-uk/

Instagram_logo_2016_svg.png.0244211e338af7f899b5e071b205d306.png Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wilsonnumismatics/

🕸 Website https://worldgold.co.uk

3 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Beautiful coins! I am happy to see how coins from my country are started to be collected all around the world!🤗

Romanian 20 lei gold is a good candidate to "Must Have" any serious collection of LMU gold coiins.

Many thanks for sharing!

Also, many thanks to @DuncanWylieWilson who manage all the time to spread them to real collectors of rare coins!

I quite agree, @stefffana

Thank you for the tag and appreciation.

Side note, but your lovely Sierra Leone $50 will be posted on Monday. Jubilee weekend has put most on the back burner! ☀️

"INDIVIDUAL AMBITION SERVES THE COMMON GOOD." – Adam Smith

⚜️ Sub-Forum https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/144-wilson-numismatics-uk/

Instagram_logo_2016_svg.png.0244211e338af7f899b5e071b205d306.png Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wilsonnumismatics/

🕸 Website https://worldgold.co.uk

49 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

😂you tagged me in the sales post then bought them yourself. Nutter

I'm mad but not that mad (yet) lol

He had two tubes available and I already secured one 🤣

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip