• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

25 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

New 19 sov box from RM. Very pleased with this, it is weighty and feels and looks high quality. I like the paperwork hidey hole and the velvet "lid"

The only downsides for me are that they could have done a bottom tray instead of the paperwork caddy and the 19 is an odd number, it could have been 20 easily and the one row of four may trigger my ocd in time! Also can't use currently as no caps in stock at RM 🤣

PXL_20220114_091849899.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091904039.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091941049.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091925022.MP.jpg

Do / does this sov box come with additional trays for the two recesses under the main tray or not deep enough?

34 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Do / does this sov box come with additional trays for the two recesses under the main tray or not deep enough?

No these are just bits for paperwork/proof certs I assume. It would be deep enough for another tray but the two layers of foam appear to be glued down so it could be messy to get them out, the side also has a ribbon lining which may come out if you were to do that.

I've had a good tug on the foam as you may tell to understand this situation! 

4 hours ago, TringSilver said:

No these are just bits for paperwork/proof certs I assume. It would be deep enough for another tray but the two layers of foam appear to be glued down so it could be messy to get them out, the side also has a ribbon lining which may come out if you were to do that.

I've had a good tug on the foam as you may tell to understand this situation! 

I had some 5mm clear acrylic cut to size to fit the two inner squares with various size holes cut in to suite the coins I was collecting at the time 👍

Edited by Midasfrog

6 minutes ago, Bixley said:

The postie brought the quarter sovereign today. That completes the set at the moment but I would dearly love a five sovereign to go with them.

IMG_0433.jpg

First one I've seen on here, I think. Was that from the Royal Mint, and if so how was it packaged?

41 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

Looks great, good thinking! I may tap you up for one of these for sovereign size if I ever get the caps from RM. Would your be amenable to getting another made, I think you could do well selling a few if these ?

The company that made them are called UK Designz , they make any type of coin display that you need , can be found if you google the name , these were laser cut from 5mm clear acrylic and cost about £12  a few years back .

Edited by Midasfrog

5 hours ago, TringSilver said:

New 19 sov box from RM. Very pleased with this, it is weighty and feels and looks high quality. I like the paperwork hidey hole and the velvet "lid"

The only downsides for me are that they could have done a bottom tray instead of the paperwork caddy and the 19 is an odd number, it could have been 20 easily and the one row of four may trigger my ocd in time! Also can't use currently as no caps in stock at RM 🤣

PXL_20220114_091849899.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091904039.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091941049.MP.jpg

PXL_20220114_091925022.MP.jpg

Nice looking box but the row of four looks quite random