• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

If you're the recipient, though, then whoever you bought the coins from is responsible for the loss and should be doing all the impossible hermes-chasing for you...

Cant see a chinese company bothering with that to be fair....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

12 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Are you implying that the Shanghai Super Lucky Sniny Star Coin and Pet Food Manufacturing Company don't take their responsibilities seriously...

Correct. Because when you email them they would been liquidated or been taken over by Shanghai Not so lucky polish a turd and Dung Trumpet Manufacturing company. Ever watched the Film docu the china hustle or theres new muscial devoted to Arianna Grandes chinese cousin called Evergrande! She sings about her property portfolio, the musical score was written by a well known guy called charles ponzi

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, Dan12345 said:

I send up to 50 parcels a week via Hermes and in 3 years I've had 3 go missing which they gave me the money back for. I've had far more problems with other companies including royal mail. 

Call them rather than using there online service. I've always found there customer service to be ok. 

Thanks,

I can see they have a support number for senders (who are paying them), but sounds as if recipients are regarded as plebs!

Chards

1 hour ago, GreatCoins4U said:

You know that the 0 number in this tracking number H00S0A0018849515 is the number zero and not the letter O dont you, when I put that number into the Hermes website it works and says it has been delivered. I appreciate that it does not help you though with the loss of your coins, sorry about that, they are good looking coins, the fake ones you have been getting, very interesting posts on them...

Thanks.

Yes I managed to further after about 6 attempts, then got:

"I'm sorry your parcel was delivered damaged. We would suggest that you contact your retailer Win01 to arrange any refunds/replacements and they will raise this with us directly" (Denying that stolen are missing contents could be a possibility.)

Sure, in about a month!

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

8 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks.

"I'm sorry your parcel was delivered damaged. We would suggest that you contact your retailer Win01 to arrange any refunds/replacements and they will raise this with us directly" (Denying that stolen are missing contents could be a possibility.)

Sure, in about a month!

These 2 WINners here hermes and Mr Win01. Sadly Mr Chard I think you have more chance of nailing custard to the wall.

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks.

Sure, in about a month!

I got a coin delivered late by the Royal Mail, they put it in another little plastic envelope that said sorry on it. I thought that it was very sweet, the coin was basically not worth very much, just a couple of pounds, I guess they were so busy over the Bank Holiday weekend a while ago that they lost it, or had not enough people to deliver things.

Anyway, it turned up a couple of weeks later in the sorry envelope, which I thought was very sweet of them. To atleast acknowledge that they know they had made a mistake was quite sweet anyway. It said something like sorry your item was damaged (it was not, just late) if you want to make a claim for compensation then please do so, here is the number to call (I didn't because it was not damaged, and it is not worth anything really) but I thought that them saying sorry and atleast acknowledging that they had made a mistake, or were too busy to deliver it was very good of them, they could have just put it through my letterbox late and said nothing 😇

1 minute ago, GreatCoins4U said:

I got a coin delivered late by the Royal Mail, they put it in another little plastic envelope that said sorry on it. I thought that it was very sweet, the coin was basically not worth very much, just a couple of pounds, I guess they were so busy over the Bank Holiday weekend a while ago that they lost it, or had not enough people to deliver things.

Anyway, it turned up a couple of weeks later in the sorry envelope, which I thought was very sweet of them. To atleast acknowledge that they know they had made a mistake was quite sweet anyway. It said something like sorry your item was damaged (it was not, just late) if you want to make a claim for compensation then please do so, here is the number to call (I didn't because it was not damaged, and it is not worth anything really) but I thought that them saying sorry and atleast acknowledging that they had made a mistake, or were too busy to deliver it was very good of them, they could have just put it through my letterbox late and said nothing 😇

Yes, I agree, that's nice, it does happen sometimes.

It reminds me of two stories. The first one is true:

Years ago, one of my sisters and her husband did some touring in Sweden. While there, they posted a post card, to themselves I think.

About 10 years later it got delivered, with a delightful covering letter rom the Swedish post, explaining they had posted it an obsolete letter box, which should have been sealed. They apologised for the delay, and enclosed a stack of Swedish commemorative stamps well in excess of the original postage.

The second story was about the grumpy old git, who wrote a sob story to Father Christmas, blaming everyone but himself for his problems and his dire financial circumstances, stating that he needed £100 desperately to see him through to Christmas without starving to death.  Someone at the sorting office opened it, they all had a whip round, raised £50, and sent it with the local postman the next day. The old git wrote back saying thank you Father Christmas, but would you believe those thieving bastards at the post office nicked half of the money.

😎

Chards

5 hours ago, Zhorro said:

My Una and the Lion Christmas Tree decoration arrived this morning.  I could always wear it as a medallion!

2021Decoration.jpg

Cartoon7.jpg

is the sketching a true likeness lol ?

also where would one be able to acquire a una Christmas decoration ? it looks amazing !! 

also does una happen to come as a Christmas fairy for the top of the tree to ? lol 

Edited by magpie79

7 minutes ago, Lyrinn said:

I eventually gave up trying to source a fully proof set of these 2oz. beauties. Still glad I picked the set up though, a very stunning range from Pheli Mint (they're also very reasonably priced I feel), who are currently teasing another release in the not-too-distant future.

I also regret to announce that I have already met the same fate as @Gordy and have lost the entire set in a terribly unfortunate boating accident. While the pictures don't do them justice, they are the only memories I now have of them.

20211008_114153.jpg

20211008_114211.jpg

20211008_114224.jpg

20211008_114247.jpg

20211008_114259.jpg

20211008_114310.jpg

Before mine got dunk at sea i claimed them as my favourite set and they have multiple purpose.... they are made of silver... they are a good size, the design is brill and you can use these instead of the razzle or penthouse... better than readers wives anyday!!!! i might even be buried with them (if i can salvage them from the bottom of the sea of course)

Just now, Gordy said:

Before mine got dunk at sea i claimed them as my favourite set and they have multiple purpose.... they are made of silver... they are a good size, the design is brill and you can use these instead of the razzle or penthouse... better than readers wives anyday!!!! i might even be buried with them (if i can salvage them from the bottom of the sea of course)

sunk, not dunk

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

51 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

is the sketching a true likeness lol ?

also where would one be able to acquire a una Christmas decoration ? it looks amazing !! 

also does una happen to come as a Christmas fairy for the top of the tree to ? lol 

Yes, the sketch is me, but twenty years ago!

The Una and the Lion Christmas Tree decoration is from the Royal Mint.  I did set up a thread on this Forum on this topic.

Currently both the silver and gold plated varieties are back in stock but shipping is mid-November:

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/by-occasion/christmas/una-the-lion-silver-tree-decoration/

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/by-occasion/christmas/una-the-lion-gold-plated-silver-tree-decoration/

I am not aware of Una as a Christmas fairy, but now you have given the Royal Mint the idea...