• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 hours ago, SilverMike said:

(Another!) 1921 Dos pesos in my struggle to complete the year set 😄 - fingers crossed this one gets an MS grade. The graded one you see is a superb coin, very sharp, but got a details grade for a apot removal 😩. New one looks very nice under the loupe, just a bit dirty 🤞

AA71DF7A-336C-4592-9BF1-2D3DBF458255.jpeg

B32C1F61-E4FC-453B-BE49-3911F843B56B.jpeg

E04898F8-9BD9-4933-BBED-8B63FC84A399.jpeg

8E2E64A5-396D-4108-8CE9-484ABF4260F7.jpeg

Will also add on the 1921 Un Pesos, got this a couple of weeks ago but nice op to show, its on an MS65...

814DF309-F433-43B0-9274-A3796D4565BB.thumb.jpeg.715146c646042f86c00e0d7b8fb2891e.jpeg

20DFE18E-878C-4CC3-95E8-A334A85C1A63.thumb.jpeg.1aa52220e9f8b6eec7030803dcbb55c6.jpeg

Waiting for what I hope will be a nice UNC grade 1933 dated 1 Peso one of these, I really like them and the fact they have the silver content on the coins.

6 minutes ago, HGr said:

@Peacemaker what is your plan for the rarer ones, I was looking at 1893 S and they are very pricey even in crappy grades! Are you just getting the date, or are you going for the best examples you can get for all? 

I think Morgans look better in "crappy grades" haha! dates like the 93S I may never get, but definitely one of the last on the list. I am pretty much getting the best examples I can get for the price I am happy to pay at the time, it will vary but I now have grade limits, common dates I want in MS, the harder the date, the lower the grade I will accept.

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

2 minutes ago, Peterheat said:

Ive got real nice 1884 here ungraded But looks atleast as good as these two if not better if you want I'll be willing to let go pm me if you want photos 

Cheers bud but I have a mint state 84, very common date, these are a little less common, the 78 7/8TF has a mintage of around only 500,000 and valued at about £60 in this grade and the 94-S is valued at about £115 in this grade.

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

1 minute ago, Peacemaker said:

Cheers bud but I have a mint state 84, very common date, these are a little less common, the 78 7/8TF has a mintage of around only 500,000 and valued at about £60 in this grade and the 94-S is valued at about £115 in this grade.

Ok ill look out for those,especially the 94-s eh I've not got any earlier than the 84 and don't know to much about them tbh so thanks for the info 

50 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

I think Morgans look better in "crappy grades" haha! dates like the 93S I may never get, but definitely one of the last on the list. I am pretty much getting the best examples I can get for the price I am happy to pay at the time, it will vary but I now have grade limits, common dates I want in MS, the harder the date, the lower the grade I will accept.

Seems sensible, are you intentionally going for graded ones or are you just getting what comes along? Have you set up a thread with them all on? 

I get where you are coming from with the grades, I have a couple that I think were dipped or something, they look a bit off. But you can't beat a mint state Morgan or Peace ☺️

3 minutes ago, HGr said:

Seems sensible, are you intentionally going for graded ones or are you just getting what comes along? Have you set up a thread with them all on? 

I get where you are coming from with the grades, I have a couple that I think were dipped or something, they look a bit off. But you can't beat a mint state Morgan or Peace ☺️

I am picking them up raw or graded, although I am preferring to pick them up already graded lately, I intend on having them graded in the future. I only have 4 graded ones, and 55 raw. 

I didn't do a thread, not sure why, I wish I did, but I have documented my progress on youtube from the start, 15 videos on the collection so far, I might be doing a full Morgan collection video soon.

The hunt is on!

2 hours ago, SilverHive said:

How much did you paied for this beautiful beast and from where did you got it ? 

Just googled a seller from eBay in the U.S.A,, depends on version and attachments as to cost. This was around £1,100 before shipping costs.

Opted for sigma Pro version after watching YouTube reviews about improvements on first version and asking someone on TSF via emails who had already mentioned having one on a Sigma thread.