• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 hours ago, Zhorro said:

The bottom coin, the third from bottom, and the second from the top, look to be thicker than the rest!  Are they all the same year?  If so, which year??

I did know at the time, but forgot to leave Doug (photographer) a note.

Hopefully he will be back in Friday morning, and take photos of the "different" coins, then I will also have some fun measuring them. I did not check, but expect the weights to be correct on them all.

Meanwhile Doug said: "is someone skimming off these?  Rough test and obviously not to scale but Corel Draw allows me to measure parallel points.  They all look different to me.  Is it worth getting some calipers on these?  Or are they dodgy AF?", and sent me a further photo:

10 QEII Sovereigns Stacked to Show Extreme Edge Variations with Dimensions

A great example of the superb Royal Mint production quality!

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I did know at the time, but forgot to leave Doug (photographer) a note.

Hopefully he will be back in Friday morning, and take photos of the "different" coins, then I will also have some fun measuring them. I did not check, but expect the weights to be correct on them all.

Meanwhile Doug said: "is someone skimming off these?  Rough test and obviously not to scale but Corel Draw allows me to measure parallel points.  They all look different to me.  Is it worth getting some calipers on these?  Or are they dodgy AF?", and sent me a further photo:

10 QEII Sovereigns Stacked to Show Extreme Edge Variations with Dimensions

A great example of the superb Royal Mint production quality!

Some of those look significantly thicker than others. If they all weigh the same I'd be a bit worried about the purity! 

But photos can play tricks with things like this.. hopefully it's just that! 

Received plenty of coins today but these are my favourites :)

Started the South African decimal silvers, some nice Polish silvers, and this beautiful Cyprus 9 piastres 1913 with a mintage of only 50,000- probably my rarest world silver to date!

IMG_20200612_1149521.jpg

IMG_20200612_1149563.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150052.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150083.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150104.jpg

IMG_20200612_1149466~3.jpg

Edited by GoldElliott

8 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

Received plenty of coins today but these are my favourites :)

Started the South African decimal silvers, some nice Polish silvers, and this beautiful Cyprus 9 piastres 1913 with a mintage of only 50,000- probably my rarest world silver to date!

IMG_20200612_1149521.jpg

IMG_20200612_1149563.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150052.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150083.jpg

IMG_20200612_1150104.jpg

IMG_20200612_1149466~3.jpg

Blimey the British East Africa coins dropped their silver content a huge amount later on to only .250, didnt realise they had .800 back then.

1 minute ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Blimey the British East Africa coins dropped their silver content a huge amount later on to only .250, didnt realise they had .800 back then.

Yeh the later years and more common ones have a strange .250 content. I thought this one was one of them and was about to throw it in the spares pile then I noticed it was a bit bigger and looked it up. Had no idea they were .800 either! The writing is also different and says 'British East Africa and Uganda Protectorate'  and not just 'British East Africa' as the later ones do

15 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

My chards delivery turned up today. Very happy with the lovely dos peso. Another to the collection. Also a stunning 100 balboa proof. I was going to have it graded but after seeing the lovely presentation it comes in decided to leave as is. Thanks@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer another great buying experience 

20200612_152932.jpg

20200612_152950.jpg

20200612_153002.jpg

20200612_153021.jpg

20200612_152955.jpg

🤯 Mine came like this so it's getting graded

15919736174562252602035200089390.jpg

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

38 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

My chards delivery turned up today. Very happy with the lovely dos peso. Another to the collection. Also a stunning 100 balboa proof. I was going to have it graded but after seeing the lovely presentation it comes in decided to leave as is. Thanks@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer another great buying experience 

This makes me so happy! I'm glad you like them. 😃

16 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

A very, very good day. What a way to end my week on 🙂

Its in a flip best photo I could get. Off to NCS and NGC...

E2347B43-0E17-4F52-B075-E0D0E00A87A2.jpeg

78D37F59-6F14-43CF-AEB4-6DF21EA2A57F.jpeg

Such a stunning coin! One i would love to add to my collection in future! I've not seen any available this side of the pond!

78av.gif

32 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Such a stunning coin! One i would love to add to my collection in future! I've not seen any available this side of the pond!

2 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

Where did you find this😁

Yep, tough to find, especially in the year which I was after.

Bought from a Spanish dealer in the end, smooth other than getting a bit lost on the way! 😅

On 11/06/2020 at 16:37, LawrenceChard said:

600+ QEII Gold Sovereigns

600+ Gold Bullion Sovereigns - Almost as Received

Just after we started putting some into bags.

When we received these, they were almost all junked together in one bag, so almost all have slight scratches and bagmarks. Sad really!

You should see the stuff that came in at 11.00 a.m.!

Chards