• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 more for the folder :)

These New Guinea (now Papua New Guinea) shillings have been on my radar for a while now. Only struck in 4 years with 2 monarchs, George V in 1935 and 1936 and George VI in 1938 and 1945. Standard circulating coinage struck in .925 (which in 1945 I think was one of the last countries to do this!)

Unique design and the only world silver coin I have with a hole in the middle!

That's my first country completed too :) 

image.png

image.png

54 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

2 more for the folder :)

These New Guinea (now Papua New Guinea) shillings have been on my radar for a while now. Only struck in 4 years with 2 monarchs, George V in 1935 and 1936 and George VI in 1938 and 1945. Standard circulating coinage struck in .925 (which in 1945 I think was one of the last countries to do this!)

Unique design and the only world silver coin I have with a hole in the middle!

That's my first country completed too :) 

image.png

image.png

So it was you who bought that joblot then lol I was watching them, nice coins, there is more coins in my watching it list than I could afford this year at the moment.

4 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

So it was you who bought that joblot then lol I was watching them, nice coins, there is more coins in my watching it list than I could afford this year at the moment.

I think I know the lot you're talking about.. the huge one that went for over £180 with the fiji coins in it too? I was watching that but went for way more than I was prepared to pay although it did have some lovely coins in it. I bought 4 of these from a well established seller on ebay and split it with a fellow forum member as I only needed 2 for my collection.

Edited by GoldElliott

4 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

I think I know the lot you're talking about.. the huge one that went for over £300 with the fiji coins in it too? I was watching that but went for way more than I was prepared to pay although it did have some lovely coins in it. I bought 4 of these from a well established seller on ebay and split it with a fellow forum member as I only needed 2 for my collection.

Nah it was just 4 new guinea shilling, I watch loads mate, and bid on the ones I can afford at the time, some pass by until I been paid, great thing about being new to this hobby is that there is a huge amount of stuff out there I have not got, and plenty of everything I want also

Edited by SILVERFINGER

1 minute ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Nah it was just 4 new guinea shilling, I watch loads mate, and bid on the ones I can afford at the time, some pass by until I been paid, great thing about being new to this hobby is that there is a huge amount of stuff out there I have not got, and plenty of everything I want also

Ahh you only got 2 coins and 4 sides DOH, it was four coins in a lot I was watching, my backs gone and I am high on painkillers at the moment, I won three more coins in auctions, will let you see them when/if they arrive and are as described.

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

yes it was that lot with the 4 coins! I just only kept 2 of them, the other 2 went to someone else. thought you were talking about this lot below, which also had some very nice world silvers in it but went too high for me.

image.thumb.png.dee8f4d19e77a9823d3fcf4e911788b2.png

1 minute ago, GoldElliott said:

yes it was that lot with the 4 coins! I just only kept 2 of them, the other 2 went to someone else. thought you were talking about this lot below, which also had some very nice world silvers in it but went too high for me.

image.thumb.png.dee8f4d19e77a9823d3fcf4e911788b2.png

Good job mate, that's what I do sometimes, its cheaper to buy a joblot and keep the best and sell the rest, I am saving for a bigger purchase at the moment just hope you aint bought it before I saved enough.:P

40 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

The increasingly elusive silver proof 2009 1oz "Kangaroo at Sunset" was the first time this design was available in this weight. The F12 privy was succeeded by the F15 in 2010-11, and the "Kangaroo in the Outback" issues of 2012-14. The mintage of just 4,000 was the lowest of the 12 BU and Proof coins.

2009 Sunset Roo Pf.jpg

2009 Sunset Roo Pf Rev.jpg

2009 Sunset Roo Privy .jpg

Such a nice design

5 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Thanks BYB. So happy to get my hands on these beauties. #1 and #2 😀

20200602_180030.jpg

20200602_180050.jpg

Nice looking forward to mine👍

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE