• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 hours ago, zittergie said:

Hi,
Today I've received my Zambia Elephant 2003.  I got it at a very nice price.
Can you tell from the pictures is this is the real deal or a fake?  It passes the magnet test like it should, so my first impression is that it is the original coin.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge about these Zambia's elephants can give the answer.

Greetz,
Bart

Hi Bart,

I haven't heard of Elephant copies so far but I don't know if anyone would bother to create imitations of such a particular coin.

I have the gilded version of 2003 and I post the pictures below for comparison. For me your coin seems fine.

Have you tried to weigh/measure it?

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0908.JPG

Instagram: gildeon_67

1 hour ago, Bullionaire said:

Square!

20180806_174626.jpg

20180806_174655.jpg

20180806_174540.jpg

Nice bar

This company make some stunning minted bars, , I wish they would put their art to making some cast bars, I bet they would be nice.

They can make nice poured copper bars, its about time they made some silver ones now.

https://www.apmex.com/product/103964/100-oz-copper-bar-geiger-poured-9999-fine

@mr1030 The company Heads and Tales are in the process of moving from Thailand to Singapore. Their new website will be up in October, so they tell me.

You are fortunate as it appears that the Britannia statue and the other monetary ones are only available in the USA. Would love to purchase some but with postage, customs duties, VAT (sales tax) on top of the price, it would certainly add up!

From what I can gather, they are doing a series of 'world coins', the American Eagle, the Libertard, the Britannia, Kookaburra, with others to come in the form of these statues. Also in the pipeline are the Queen's Beasts although I don't find them so appealing as the ones above.

I must say, email communication was by return so am looking forward to doing business with them in the future (I hope). I suggested they are missing out on business by only supplying said statues to the USA although some of their small animals ones are available elsewhere in the world.

If you would be so kind, please advise who you purchase from in the USA? My research led me to three sources but only one would ship overseas although the above added costs may make purchase excessively expensive.

@caloundracats  I ordered the Britannia statue and the St George and the Dragon statue directly from their site https://silverstatues.com   The other two statues I have I bought from Jm Bullion I believe when they had them on sale.  I know APMEX carries some of them as well.  The Britannia and St George were shipped from their US facility in Georgia.  I know they have some type of office in Texas as well, as I received a followup email today from a company representative there, checking in with me to see if the package arrived and how satisfied I was.  I wish I had more info for you as far as a convenient way for you to order from GB.  I'm really surprised to hear that some of their items are only available in the U.S.  I find it hard to believe they don't have a product center somewhere in the E.U.  I would recommend asking them it they have a distribution partner somewhere in Europe that would make it easier for you to get any of their products.

Recently @msagan75 contacted us about a trade and we were very happy to add one of his pieces to our stack!
The only problem is which one? He does so many sweet pours and we had to decide together. Well we haven't made it 28 years by fighting over little things so we told him, his choice! We love to give the artist a free hand to do something they enjoy or wanted to try that is our favorite way to add to our community box. So we sent out our side of the trade and today we received our piece in the mail!
0806182017_Film1.jpg
when we opened it there was a sweet metal COA a pretty velvet box and a STICKER!!! we love stickers and this one is so very cool!!!
0806182017a_Film1.jpg

It had been a few days of anticipation
jUclwS.gif
makeagif.com

so together we opened the soft black velvet bag

0806182019_Film1.jpg0806182019b_Film1.jpg

What an awesome Thor's Axe Stormbreaker was the weapon of early Thor and after he lost his hammer he went back to his stand by the Jarnbjorn that can cut through anything as it is blessed with Thor's Blood! This is an awesome piece,it is fun to hold with a great weight balance, you feel like it could be a little magic. Here is another look at this gorgeous piece!

0806182018_Film1.jpg

Dixiesilvergirl definitely is a fan of things comic book hero's and Thor is at the top of the list(right after Hulk) so she is pretty excited!

Thanks for an awesome trade and if you haven't already seen his sweet pours give him a follow on the following social media sites;
https://www.instagram.com/msagan75/
https://www.youtube.com/user/msagan75
https://www.facebook.com/msagan75
and you can also find him on www.metalsmafia.com

Thanks for reading and happy stacking!

@mr1030 Another email response received this morning GMT.

Hi,  thanks for your message back.  The Coins of the World series and all our statues are available to the global market.  I don't have any retail partners in the EU yet.  We do ship to the UK, but I know that comes with a high customs/ duty.  I recently shipped a statue to a customer and his duty was only 5% using the following code:

925 Silver Statue

HS Tariff No. 9705000020

VAT reduced rate 5% - Duty Exempt

For a $1200 statue, the VAT was 50. GBP

We are currently relocating to a larger facility in Singapore and have disabled retail sales on our website until we are fully up and running again.  I expect to be back online with new models by October 15th.

Might see if I can get one from the US after all! 

cleardot.gif

10 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

yes, a typical damaged punch :D

although they do look to be different letters, which is interesting.

This is one of the clearer unbarred As i've seen actually, can't see any bar there at all like on the 1842s and others

Is 1841 one of your missing dates? :)

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

If the 1841 wasn't rare enough, how about an 1863 - 827 on truncation?  ? ?

4601-1.png

4601-2.png

4601-3.png

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com